Thanks to all who pushed in these submissions. Here are some Digg Alternatives:
- Blog-buzz.com - Similar to Digg, but for blog posts.
- Netscape.com - A former contender in the browsing is now a a social news aggregator with voting of
stories similar to Digg.
- Newsvine.com - People can write articles on current news events,
save links to external content; vote, comment and chat on article pages
created by both users and by journalists.
- Reddit.com - You vote up or down on a story making it move around on the home page.
- Shoutwire.com - Instead of digging you “shout it”. Still a way to vote on unique Internet news
- Thoof.com - Groovy wiki-like one that allows you to add news stories you find interesting, anyone can
“improve” the article by fixing the URL, editing the summary and more.
I am sure there are more... What today's digital landscape affords us is options that suit our needs in different ways. I ponder which ones consumers will find the most useful.